Thanks for your interest in volunteering with SHIM!
South Hills neighbors make the best volunteers. And in the last year, volunteers served 28,181 hours – that’s 1,174 days of non-stop volunteering by the South Hills community. But there’s more work to be done.
Take the following steps to join the movement
- Fill out the volunteer interest form.
• Debi Dempsey, our volunteer manager, will be in touch 2-3 business days after you’ve completed the form.
- After connecting with Debi, print and complete the following paperwork to prepare for volunteer orientation:
• Volunteer Application
• PA Act 153
• PA Criminal Background Check
Please note: those interested in volunteering with SHIM’s children and youth programs also need to have their PA Child Abuse History Clearance. Debi will go over this in your conversation.
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
• Print and sign page 31.
• Bring the signed page to volunteer orientation along with your driver’s license or photo I.D.
- Once the above paperwork is filed, it may take up to 2 weeks to be processed and completed. Debi will then contact you to register for volunteer orientation.
Join the movement of neighbors helping neighbors all year.
Host a drive
Host a food or clothing drive with your neighbors, scout troop, classroom, co-workers, congregation, bowling team, or group you love to help spread the love.