Neighbors helping neighbors

Thousands of our South Hills neighbors struggle with hunger, poverty and making a better life for their families. At the same time, just as many step up to help. This is the power of South Hills Interfaith Movement. Join the movement.

How can we help you?

Food & more

Food, clothing, and utility assistance.

You & your family

Support programs for children, families, and individuals.

Our community

Interfaith initiatives, community gardens and more.

Ways to help others

Join us to combat hunger and hopelessness with food, clothing, employment assistance, and a lift up to a better life.

Let's be social

Latest tweets

4 hours ago
Happy #FlashbackFriday! Today we're throwing it back to our Youth Mentoring program’s trip to watch a @RiverhoundsSC's game.

Here’s to another great season of soccer! ⚽ https://t.co/6KvSCyzOyE
SHIMpgh photo
16 hours ago
"SHIM was founded on the belief that despite our differences, we are stronger together." - John C. Shrott, III: Chair of the Board, SHIM #CelebrateTheSouthHills https://t.co/cPYYVbP5BA SHIMpgh photo
16 hours ago
"Ray and Joneen have been my neighbors for more than 25 years. I've seen them raise a great family, put their faith into action and serve others. I'm honored to present them as SHIM's 2019 South Hills Champions." - Jim Stein, SHIM Board of Directors #CelebrateTheSouthHills https://t.co/D0CzxteJUj SHIMpgh photo
17 hours ago
As the night winds down we still have many more people to people to thank like our #CelebrateTheSouthHills sponsors Lighthouse Electric Company, Inc., Mariani Richards, Inc., @WabtecCorp and the Betler family. https://t.co/iLVi0ooMzz SHIMpgh photo
17 hours ago
"Looking at the girls I'm mentoring, I see myself. I know how they feel. My goal is to inspire them even if they feel some days are rough. I want them to see that success is possible." - Lejla Sehic director, digital lead at @BNYMellon #CelebrateTheSouthHills https://t.co/Xk9U19hPE2 SHIMpgh photo
17 hours ago
"Did you know that donated food only supplies about 30% of our total pantry food? The other 70%? SHIM purchases from @PghFoodBank." - John C. Shrott, III: Chair of the Board, SHIM https://t.co/BpfE3QPGZ4 SHIMpgh photo

Enter your email to stay up to date with the latest SHIM happenings and sign up for our newsletter.