Thanks for your interest in volunteering with SHIM!
South Hills neighbors make the best volunteers. And in the last year, volunteers served 15,453 hours volunteering by the South Hills community. But there’s more work to be done.
Take the following steps to join the movement
- Fill out the volunteer interest form.
•Our volunteer engagement coordinator, will be in touch 2-3 business days after you’ve completed the form.
- You will be required to print and complete the following paperwork to prepare for volunteer orientation:
• Volunteer Application
• PA Act 153– In place of Fingerprints if you have lived in the state of Pennsylvania for 10 years. Otherwise SHIM will provide you with a payment code to run the Fingerprints check.
•You can go online to complete your PA Criminal Background Check or you can fill out this form PA Criminal Background Check.
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
• Print and sign page 16.
• Bring the signed page to volunteer orientation along with your driver’s license or photo I.D.
- Please also sign our Disclosure Statement.
- If you are interested in working with kids, you will also need to complete the PA Child Abuse Clearance– SHIM gives potential volunteers a payment code to complete online.
- We also ask that youth volunteers complete the NSOR form.
Please note: those interested in volunteering with SHIM’s children and youth programs also need to complete Mandated Reporter training. We will go over this in your orientation. You can read our Youth Programs Volunteer Policy HERE.
- Once the above paperwork is filed, it may take up to 2 weeks to be processed and completed. We will then contact you to register for volunteer orientation.
Join the movement of neighbors helping neighbors all year.
Host a drive
Host a food or clothing drive with your neighbors, scout troop, classroom, co-workers, congregation, bowling team, or group you love to help spread the love.