Thanks for your interest in volunteering with SHIM!
South Hills neighbors make the best volunteers. And in the last year, volunteers served 18,400 hours – that’s 760 days of non-stop volunteering by the South Hills community. But there’s more work to be done.
Take the following steps to join the movement
- Fill out the volunteer interest form.
•Our volunteer engagement coordinator, will be in touch 2-3 business days after you’ve completed the form.
- You will be required to print and complete the following paperwork to prepare for volunteer orientation:
• Volunteer Application
• PA Act 153– In place of Fingerprints if you have lived in the state of Pennsylvania for 10 years. Otherwise SHIM will provide you with a payment code to run the Fingerprints check.
•You can go online to complete your PA Criminal Background Check or you can fill out this form PA Criminal Background Check.
• PA Child Abuse Clearance– SHIM gives potential volunteers a payment code to complete online.
- We also ask that you complete the NSOR form.
Please note: those interested in volunteering with SHIM’s children and youth programs also need to complete Mandated Reporter training. We will go over this in your orientaion.
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
• Print and sign page 31.
• Bring the signed page to volunteer orientation along with your driver’s license or photo I.D.
- Please also sign our Disclosure Statement.
- Once the above paperwork is filed, it may take up to 2 weeks to be processed and completed. We will then contact you to register for volunteer orientation.
Join the movement of neighbors helping neighbors all year.
Host a drive
Host a food or clothing drive with your neighbors, scout troop, classroom, co-workers, congregation, bowling team, or group you love to help spread the love.