Host a Drive
Thanks for your interest in hosting a drive for SHIM. We know that if a family is in crisis, they may lack access to basic human needs like food, clothing and personal items like shampoo, diapers, and linens. About 50% of food and all of the clothing we distribute each year comes from generous community donors interested in helping their neighbors in need.
SHIM purchases many items for our pantries from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. At the Food Bank, our buying power is 500% greater than purchasing food at supermarket prices. As certain foods are not always available for wholesale purchase at the Food Bank, our most needed items are listed below:
Most Needed Items for SHIM's Food Pantries
- Dried beans and lentils
- Pasta sauce in jars
- Condiments and spices
- Boxed rice dinners
- Baking products (flour, sugar, oil, mixes)
- Canned meat (chicken, chili, tuna)
- Beverages (juice, tea, coffee)
- Diapers sizes 3-6
- Personal care items (shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, feminine items, etc.)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing and outerwear for all sizes and all kids clothing.
Tools for Your Drive
Interested in hosting a food drive? Register here.
For more information, contact:
(412) 854-9120 ext. 109